Sunday, November 22, 2015


AFRICANS AND SOCIAL MEDIA HYPOCRISY. 
I look at the semi blackmail, mark Zuckerberg and his facebook team has tried to drag us to empathize with Europe of the same thing that happens in Africa; Nigeria, Kenya and Somalia to be specific and they do nothing or show much zeal to wipe it off. I've been misquoted as been unsympathetic to this terrible blow on humanity but I know people don't like the truth and for the records I was one of the first Nigerians, yes First I said to write and sympathize with France on the wickedness that befell them but I'm bringing to the knowledge of us all that this same thing happen and nothing gets done or much sympathy is shown. And I'm left to make a little clarification. 
I do not say you shouldn't pray for France but i'm asking if any of you have prayed for Nigerians dying in number uncountable by Boko haram or the massacre and quick ends of dreams in the most vicious manner in Somali and Kenya by Al Shabab. If you are you're excused from my mouth lash.
I do not say you shouldn't change your facebook profile pictures in solidarity to the fight against terrorism but I'm just asking is facebook disconnected from the reality that this same thing happen in Syria, Nigeria, Iran, Kenya and many other places. Or are all these places in hell and not on earth or are they undeserving of a little support like that always given to European countries. If they have I'm sorry for trying to flex my paulinity - ability to write. You know I can't know everything. I do not say you shouldn't quote me bible verses but I just want to be sure if the death of one european is greater than that of a million blacks. If it is then I'm sorry, I guess they have more than one brain, a million kidney per white and probably more than two balls in their scrotal sacs.
I can ask several others but it pains me that people will tell me that they stood with us in # BBOG . Which BBOG the one that APC blew out of proportion like they were ever the only school girls dying in the north. Why has the fight and agitation by the propagandists ended as soon as Buhari came to power and the western world look else where? Where's Ezekwesili with her team of shameful liars?
I won't seize to question the stupidity of my co-blacks and ask why must Europe get all the sympathies and empathies and condolences, whereas same happens all over the world, especially in Africa and Asia and they sit and discuss it like two women haggling over a piece of fish at my village Ezinifite, Abanator market square.
Why haven't they have a great walk like that done in Paris during the Charlie Hebdo attack done in Nairobi for the death of those killed in a shopping mall or are these lives of less significance to that of the europeans?
Please don't get me wrong, I hate making points when bloods are in question but if I don't speak out at the inequality in the balancing of racial issues then I become like Americans who turned back thousands of Jews at the marine borders of America back to Germany during the Hitler Reich. I can't be indifferent to such nepotism. If many blacks are stupid, I beg to count myself out I'm not a part of such insensitive lot.

Emmanuel Kelechi Ejionye writes from Abuja and he is a Writer, speaker, activist, grassroot leader, photographer, humanitarian and many more. He's also a graduate of Engineering from the prestigious University of Nigeria. He can be reached through 
Facebook: Emmanuel Kelechi Ejionye 
Twitter: @kaycee_ejionye
Email: emmanuelejionye@gmail.com
Call: 07036344833

No comments:

Post a Comment